~ present the ~
Monrovia Time Trial Series
The Monrovia Time Trial Series is sanctioned by American Bicycle Racing (ABR) and the series is governed by its rules. Find the ABR rule book here.
Winners of each category in each race will earn points according to the schedule below. Riders keep the points from all their races in the series. Series winners will be determined by top series points earners combining all categories.
One (1) point for ech place beyond 20.
If you go sub-hour in the series (40K) in the previous year, you may not enter the Men 5-Citizen, or the Women 5-Citizen categories.
Merckx/Road Bike Category
You and your road bike. No aero helmets, no aero bars, wheels 28 mm or less. If you show up with disqualifying equipment, we will gladly enter you in a different category.
4-person teams will consist of four (4) riders. Teams will race the 40K course. The time of the third rider will be recorded as the time for the team.
2-person teams will consist of two (2) riders. Teams will race the 40K course. The time of the second rider will be recorded as the time for the team.
Co-ed teams must have at least one rider from each gender.
Here's the info from the rider meeting:
1. Welcome to Race ## of the Monrovia Time Trial Series. J's Bikes Racing has been running the series since 2013. We would like to thank our sponsors: series sponsor Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson, & Feary and our other race sponsors: RollFast, American Bicycle Racing, and Tabco in Terre Haute. If you or someone you know would like to be a sponsor, please let us know. Our next race in the series is: Sunday ##### and preregistration is available on TrueSport.
2. This is an OPEN course - obey traffic regulations including staying to the right of the double yellow line. We would like to stay in the good graces of the Monrovia residents - please do not discard bottles, wrappers, or other trash.
3. This is an out-and-back course following route 42. The 20K turnaround is at 10.3K (6.4 miles). The 40K turnaround is at 20.3K (12.6 miles) and is just PAST Emenance school. There is a cone and a course marshal at the 40K turnaround. The finish for both 20K and 40K races is at the Monrovia Town sign. Follow route 42 EVEN WHEN THE ROAD GOES STRAIGHT – FOLLOW YELLOW LINES. [Add course conditions, observations]
4. For your start, you have the option of a standing start or being held. If you are being held – engage your brakes so the person holding you doesn’t have to support your weight too.
5. No drafting or pacing of other riders.
6. At finish - yell your name. Do not stop at the finish as other riders may be finishing right behind you. Do not ride backward on the course to cool down or to find a teammate. Stay off the course. Proceed back to the parking lot. TRAFFIC CAN BE BAD/DANGEROUS/IMPATIENT
7. Sag - if you need a ride back to the Finish/parking lot, course marshals will sweep the course and will follow the last rider in.
8. Sub-Hour means sub-hour. 60:00 does not count. 59:59 and under does.
9. Times, Sub-hour Club awards, and pictures will be taken back at the parking lot.
10. Results will be posted on MonroviaTT.jsbikesracing.com and submitted to ABR and TrueSport.